Newport News Personal Injury Law Firm
To the average individual, dealing with the medical care required for any type of significant injury can be stressful and time-consuming. But, when that injury could have been avoided if another party had exercised reasonable care, the stress and frustration quickly increases.
Many people do not realize that personal injury law deals with injuries from virtually any incident in which someone's negligence has caused injuries to others. Just a few examples of the varying types of personal injury cases include:
- Auto vehicle accidents
- Accidents caused by unsafe or poorly manufactured equipment or devices
- Medical malpractice
- Injuries caused by unsafe premises
The Newport News personal injury lawyers at Forbes & Broadwell have the skills developed over almost two decades of experience to help clients pursue compensation for a variety of personal injury claims without undue anxiety.
Our Newport News personal injury attorneys carefully assess your case
When you meet with our personal injury lawyers in Newport News, our attorneys perform a series of assessments to determine the next steps:
- Do you have a valid case? We begin by listening to the details of your accident to determine if you need our services. If we determine that your case absolutely cannot proceed according to Virginia law — for example, if your own negligence was the main factor contributing to your injury — we let you know right away.
- What are the likely next steps? Depending on the complexity of your case and the severity of your injuries, we determine the most appropriate next steps — an insurance claim, an out-of-court settlement or a jury trial. Our personal injury attorneys in Newport News have the skills and experience needed to clearly present the advantages and disadvantages of each option so you can make an informed decision.
Careful preparation is a key factor in the success of your case
At the personal injury law firm of Forbes & Broadwell in Newport News, our attorneys have the skills and resources needed to prepare for your case. We start with the evidence you provide and then enlist the support of investigative experts to obtain answers to the following questions:
- Who are the parties responsible for your injury?
- Can witnesses provide valuable information to support your case?
- Have you obtained all necessary medical treatment and care for your injury?
- Have we identified every past, present and anticipated future cost due to the injury?
Evidence is critical in every claim — in or out of court. We ensure we are well-prepared, regardless of how we pursue compensation for your claim.
Contact our attorneys
If you have suffered a personal injury, contact Forbes & Broadwell to arrange a free consultation.